Honey, Walnut, and Date KAMUT® Loaf
We found this recipe on Sauce Magazine and it’s a perfectly delicious recipe for Honey Month. Try it, the secret ingredient is the addition of the KAMUT® wheat berries mixed right into in the dough!
¼ cup KAMUT® berries, uncooked
2 cups KAMUT® whole-wheat flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup finely chopped dates (plus an extra tablespoon for topping)
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
4 tbs honey
½ cup + 3 tbsp apple juice
• Soak the KAMUT® berries overnight in 2 cups of water. Drain,
rinse and set it aside.
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
• In a medium bowl, combine the KAMUT® flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in the dates, walnuts and KAMUT® berries
• In another bowl, combine the honey and apple juice. Stir into the flour mixture.
• On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough until firm, about 3 minutes.
• Shape the dough into a round, then flatten it to about a 2 inches oblong shape. Bake for 25 minutes in a loaf tin.
Let cool and drizzle with extra honey for serving.