What is Super Bowl Sunday without a Super Bowl feast? Today ranks only below Thanksgiving in terms of the average amount of food eaten per American, but Super Bowl spreads—laden with cheesy dips, sliders, nachos, and more—are almost certainly of less nutritional value than their Thanksgiving counterparts. Last year, the National Chicken Council estimated that Americans would eat 1.42 billion pounds of wings during the final playoff of the NFL season. Thankfully, Americans also seem to make at least a few healthy choices during their Super Bowl feasts, as evidenced by the 139.4 million pounds of avocados estimated to be purchased.
Recognizing that our future existence on Earth significantly relies on increased plant-based food consumption, we have curated a list of 10 delicious vegan recipes perfect for Super Bowl Sunday. Whether you need a last-minute recipe for that one vegan guest, you want to go all-out and serve an entirely plant-based menu, or you are planning on bringing your own food to a friend’s party, we are sure you will find some inspiration in the recipes below. Remember: we are all on the same team when it comes to saving the planet!
- Mini Vegan Pigs in a Blanket by Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings by Chocolate Covered Katie
- Ultimate Vegan Sliders by Monson Made This
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pinwheels by Minimalist Baker
- Vegan Beer Cheese Dip by Ve Eat Cook Bake
- Vegan Jalapeno Popper Dip by Vegan Huggs
- Vegan 7 Layer Taco Dip by Nutriciously
- Pecan Spice KAMUT® Cookies by Edward & Sons Trading Company
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Football Truffles by Texanerin Baking
- Easy Vegan Caramel Corn by It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken