PECAN, PEAR & ROQUEFORT SALAD
- 1 head leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 pears – peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 oz Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tps white sugar
- 1 ½tsp prepared mustard
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir ¼ cup of sugar together with the
- Continue stirring gently until sugar has melted and caramelized the pecans. Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper.
Allow to cool, and break into pieces.
For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons sugar, mustard, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.
In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, blue cheese, avocado, and green onions. Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with pecans, and serve.