Each year 2.7 million adoptable dogs and cats are euthanized in America because too many pets come into shelters and not enough people are considering adopting. Adopting an animal not only betters your life but makes a huge difference in the life of a dog or cat.
To continue the positive spirits of Make a Difference Day we have put together a list of 10 reasons why you should adopt and not shop!
- You’ll save a life of a loving dog.
- You’ll get a great dog who is eager to be a part of a loving family.
- It’ll cost you less and usually when you adopt a pet the cost of spraying, neutering, first vaccinations are included in the adoption price.
- You can help stop puppy mills which breed dogs in a factory style facility.
- You can brag about it to your friends.
- Suddenly you will have more friends coming over…for you…or the dog J
- Pets are psychologically beneficial and can provide a sense of fulfillment. Adopting makes you feel proud!
- By adopting you make room in shelters for other abandoned animals – giving them a chance at a happy home.
- When you adopt, especially from a rescue group, you know what you are getting because the group has a history on the animal. The rescue group will also help you through the familiarization period because they are invested in providing a good home for that animal.
- It is as easy as going to https://theshelterpetproject.organd entering your zip code!