5 Tips Help The Environment While You Travel
With travel season approaching road trips, vacations and spontaneous getaways are on the radar. Travel can be tough on the environment, which is why we have 5 recommendations to make your trip a little friendlier to the environment.
1. Look for Flights Without Layovers: While Flights with extended layovers may seem like a cheaper way to travel, it’s important to remember that takeoffs and landings are the two aspects of plane travel that cause the most carbon emission. Instead, look for the most convenient non-stop flight to reduce your carbon footprint.
2. Rent a Hybrid: Whether you’re in a different country, or just yearning for a good old fashioned road trip, it would be wise
3. Look for Bike Rentals: A fantastic way to see the sights, and an even better way to cut down on your carbon foot print is to check out any local bike rentals. Rather than renting a car, or even taking cabs or buses, renting a bike is one of the most sustainable ways to get around and engage in the local landscape.
4. Support Local Business: One of the best ways to immerse yourself in the culture of your travels is to support local businesses. By shopping at local boutiques or dining at local restaurants rather than chains, not only are you helping the economy of the country that is so graciously hosting you, you’re also helping to cut down on food and travel miles, seeing as how local restaurants most likely use local ingredients.
5. Always Have a Reusable Bag on Hand: If you’re vacationing in a city, or anywhere really, we recommend keeping reusable grocery bags packed away in your suitcase or day bag. This way, when you head to the market or go out shopping you won’t be needing those pesky plastic bags.