What Fashion Companies Are Helping Us Avoid Fast Fashion
As part of our New Year resolutions for our planet, one of the things we want to see more of is new fashion companies that are doing more good than not. Today, the fashion industry is the second most polluting industry on earth. The major issue right now is that we don’t keep our clothes. If each of us decreased the number of times we shopped, we can drastically reduce the negative effects fashion is having on our planet. Here is a list of fashion companies that are effectively helping turnaround the negative waste fashion produces. Because if you are going to decide to keep shopping, why not do it from a conscious company!
- REFORMATION – This brand is chic and eco-friendly! Just pop over to their Instagram and see for yourself how fabulous they are. The tagline is, “We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment” – they make clothing from super sustainable materials, rescued deadstock fabrics, and repurposed vintage clothing. Pretty cool, right?!
- EILEEN FISHER – A longtime supporter of our planet and advocate for human rights, Eileen Fisher has become a leader in conscious fashion. Their pillars are to support women through social initiatives that address their well-being, practice business responsibly with absolute regard for human rights and, guide their product and practice toward sustaining the environment.
- YSTR – Founded to provide a better alternative to modern fashion shopping. They create clothes using sustainable, cut-to-order technologies to combat the industry’s alarming level of fashion waste. All of their unique pieces are responsibly made at their Downtown LA headquarters and sold directly to consumers through their online shop.
- PEOPLE TREE – A sustainable and fair trade fashion brand that uses natural resources throughout production to promote environmentally responsible initiatives for a sustainable future. People Tree has been around for more than 20 years and the first clothing brand to receive the World Fair Trade Mark!
- EVERLANE – Everlane is all about transparency. They spend months finding the best factories around the world—the very same ones that produce our favorite designer labels, and then they build strong personal relationships with factory owners to ensure their factory’s integrity and to maintain ethical production practices at every step of the process. These are the kinds of brands we want more of today – holistic and honest!