With the average office worker spending upwards of 40 hours a week at a desk, most efforts on improving the office atmosphere are quite unremarkable. Since everyone can’t work in a dream office, we give you some affordable and practical solutions for greening and livening up your office:
- Mouse pad – create your own mouse pad, complete with motivational picture, made of recycled tire rubber.
- Lighting – A lack of light will put extra strain on your eyes, giving you wrinkles and a headache. Inhabitat breaks down 15 green lamps to light up your life.
- Greenery – There are few things that freshen up an office like plants. Finding the right plant given space and light issues can be tricky, but this guide to the best office plants offers great advice.
- Frame – Bring in some art, family photos or other inspiring images and put them in your very own DIY frame.
- Scent – The right smells can spur creativity and ward off stress. Generally, candles are a no go in an office, so we suggest going with a great natural aromatherapy product.
- Drinking – Drink filtered tap water out of a reusable bottle instead of buying a new one every time.
- Paper – Use only recycled paper and print on both sides of the page! Aim to go digital, beginning with the aid of the Neatdesk.
- Food – Bringing your lunch to work will save lots of packaging and those great meals will make you the envy of the office.
What are some of the other ways you make your home away from home more green and comfortable? Let us know in the comments below!