When it’s snowy and cold outside, it’s easy to want to be as minimally productive as possible. It’s much more enjoyable to stay inside your warm house and laze around. Well instead of sitting inside doing nothing but let the winter blues take over, we have some tips that will keep you entertained and taking delight in the weather.
1. Arts and Crafts – Arts and crafts don’t have to just be for kids. Take a look around your home and see what inspires you. Maybe the wine bottles in the recycling pile can be salvaged and turned in to candle holders or a vase—flowers are sure to brighten up your home on a dreary day. Another idea is to take old tee shirts that are no longer worn and turn them in to a quilt.
2. Declutter and organize your house – A snowday is the perfect opportunity to go through your house and clean out closets and storage bins. It’s time to donate all of those old clothes that you don’t wear and are just taking up space; gather old children’s toys and items that are outgrown or no longer played with; and recycle old papers and receipts that are no longer needed. Afterwards, take the time to re-organize. You’ll feel love the feeling of productiveness—and the clean and organized home.
3. Baking – Everyone loves baked goods and treats. For whatever reason, sweet treats taste so much better when baked on a cold winter day! This is the perfect time to experiment with a new cupcake or brownie recipe. Get out that cookbook and make a scrumptious treat that the whole family will love.
4. Help out the elderly – If you have an elderly neighbor who can’t get out much, chances are winter is especially tough for them. Volunteer to shovel their driveway or walk way, or ask if you can pick up some groceries for them when you go to the store. It’s always a good idea no matter when to show someone that you care.
5. Go outside! – Remember when you were a child and you couldn’t wait to go outside and play in the snow with your friends? Why not relive those memories? Bundle up and go outside with your family to build a snowman or have a snowball fight! Fun for the whole family is always a good idea.
6. Hot Apple Cider – Who doesn’t love a delicious steaming mug of everyone’s favorite winter time drink? Here’s a great homemade recipe that will warm you up and please your taste buds, courtesy of AllRecipes.com. Afterwards curl up with your favorite movie and enjoy the rest of the day.
We hope these ideas will give you some insight as to how to spend your next snow day! If you have any other ideas, we’d love to hear them. Please sound off below in the comments.