Walking through the aisles of the Gift Show, last month, it was easy to start envisioning your home being filled with all of the décor and gifts as I passed them by. There are gifts for every season, style and lifestyle.
I was very pleased to see sustainable, green and natural product companies touting their wears. Some may think that green means it may be functional, but not high design, but they would be very wrong. The products and companies I came across had high energy and some were even trendsetters. The distinction comes in the materials used to craft their products, their packaging, their recycling policies and the way they give back to the environment.
Throughout the years I have been attending the show to ogle over the latest and greatest, I have never been disappointed. What even gets more exciting is the evolution of sustainable companies who offer cool gadgets and hip décor, children’s gear and pet products, keeping the environment in mind.
Companies I came across were from as far away as Australia and as close as Brooklyn, all of which are small businesses.
A few of my top finds were:
- Dream Farm – Problem-solving solutions for the kitchen, bathroom and other parts of your home.
- Maroma USA, LLC – Very contemporary commitment to Earth-friendly product content and environmentally responsible manufacturing practices for its diverse range of aromatic products like incense, soaps, bath salts.
- KeepCup – The first Barista standard reusable cup in an amazing array of colors to choose from.
- Bambu – A range of contemporary serveware products for the kitchen and home made from renewable materials.
- Soggy Doggy Productions, LLC – The Soggy Doggy Doormat absorbs water and dirt from wet, muddy dog paws and boots so less washing of dirty mats.
After speaking with these passionate companies it made me stop and think about the thoughtful way they represent their brand and the questions they shared with me to evoke ecofriendliness:
- What sustainable home décor company do you think represents a standard in green living?
- What is the best way for a company to represent their green philosophy?
- Which cause can be most harmonious with your eco friendly product and how do you choose?
I look forward to attending future shows and continuing to see the progression in green and sustainable décor.