Everyone gets a sweet tooth every now and then. It happens. But it’s how you handle the cravings that is the true test. It is so easy to adhere to a good diet all day and then, while just relaxing at home, to binge on something entirely regrettable. So what guilt-free foods will cure your cravings when all you think you want is junk? Here are some healthy options:
- Fruit – full of sugar so it satiates your cravings for candy and packed with added nutrients.
- Yogurt – will cure an ice cream craving with much fewer calories while providing some stomach-settling probiotics. We like Chobani.
- Dark chocolate – we know that sometimes you just need chocolate. Go for really dark chocolate – it has more antioxidants and the richness will satisfy you faster.
- Popsicles – warm outside? A fruit popsicle should do the trick. Bonus points if you make your own.
- Nuts – full of (healthy) fat and a little salty.. French fries without the guilt!
- Smoothies – the choices are endless when it comes to making a smoothie.. add a little protein powder to make it extra sustenant and keep you full.
- Edamame – they have the crunch and the sustenance. Just go easy on the salt!
On-the-go and don’t have a grocery store or a kitchen at your disposal? Wherever you eat or pick up a snack, keep these tips in mind:
- Whole grains – most places now offer whole wheat bread and pasta. It will keep you full for longer.
- Low-fat – substitute low- or non-fat products and your waistline will thank you for it.
- Stay hydrated – drinking plenty of water will keep your body running smoothly and a cup of water will curb acute hunger.
- Portions – you don’t have to finish everything in front of you! Watching your serving sizes will save you plenty of calories.