In honor of Earth Day this week, we have decided to gather a list of our favorite green products. The list we have compiled proves that whether its food, beauty products or something even for our pets, there are numerous ways to go green and incorporate eco-friendly, all natural products into your daily life. No matter what shade of green you are, there is something for everyone to help us all keep the planet a little bit healthier. Here is a list of our 18 favorites to inspire you and try for yourself:
1. Method Laundry Detergent: This small bottle of laundry detergent packs a punch with a super concentrated plant-based formula than can wash 25 loads. It has a 35% smaller carbon footprint than other detergents, and is packaged in a compact recycled container for easy storage. Available at Target for $8.49.
2. Wagwear Canvas Dog Carrier: Our pets deserve only the best, so why not buy them all natural and eco-friendly products as well? This lightweight dog carrier is made with a durable canvas material, and comes with one pocket for easy treat storage and a built in leash. The carrier can be purchased for $135 at OliveGreenDog.com, an online pet supply store that is committed to offering pet owners high quality and environmentally friendly products for their four legged friends.
3. ECOBAGS® Tropical Collection: These lightweight and colorful bags from Eco-Bags Products, Inc. are perfect for the warm weather months, whether it’s a day at the beach or a day of shopping. Made of natural cotton, the bags are 100% washable and for easy storage, scrunch up into the size of a tennis ball. The bags are available in a set five for $32.45.
4. Bamboo Plates: Bamboo is eco-friendly because it grows quickly and is 100% biodegradable, so it makes sense to incorporate the materials into products we use on a daily basis. Joanne Hudson’s Bambooware Santa Barbara Dinnerware is durable, dishwasher safe and made of non-toxic and eco-friendly bamboo powder. Pieces in the collection range from $5.99 to $24.99. If your outdoors for a picnic or having a party and don’t want to worry about washing dishes, you can also opt for disposable bamboo plates. Sweet Flavor offers a pack of 200 bamboo plates that are certified organic for $59.99.
5. Om4Men Skin Care Products: This collection of organic skin care products is designed specifically for men. There are four products in the line for oily, sensitive, normal and dry skin that work specifically for men. The four-step system include which entails wash, balance, bioactivate and defend, create healthier more evenly toned skin.
6. Tom’s of Maine Toothpaste: In addition to skin care, why not incorporate all natural toothpaste into your personal hygiene regime? Tom’s of Maine toothpaste offers various products to choose from for all different oral hygiene needs. We love the Whole Care Fluoride Toothpaste, available for $4.99, which comes in Orange Mango, Peppermint and Spearmint flavors. This toothpaste incorporates natural flavors and oils with no artificial sweeteners, as well as naturally sourced fluoride to help fight cavities.
7. The Grow Bottle: When living in an urban environment you have to get creative with ways to garden. The Grow Bottle is an easy way to create a manageable indoor hydrogarden that’s grown in a re-purposed wine bottle. The set comes complete with seeds and instructions and is can conveniently soak in the sun on your windowsill, either at work or at home.
8. Sigg Water Bottle: These reusable water bottles made of durable stainless steal are 100% recyclable. The collection of water bottles are designed and manufactured in Switzerland and are made with a non-leaching EcoCare Liner inside each bottle, ensuring a fresh, non-metallic taste. Think of all the plastic water bottles you could save if you switched to a Sigg Water Bottle!
9. The Brooklyn Salsa Company: We are always on the look out for delicious foods that incorporate local ingredients from organic farms. You won’t find any artificial preservatives in these tasty salsas. There are a variety of flavors to choose from, depending on what’s in season and the company is always coming out with bold new flavors. Our go to favorite is the Manhattan for $5.99.
10. Vintage Vinyl Journals: This company takes upcycling to a whole new level. The company uses classic records, like Abbey Road, and turns them into beautifully handcrafted notebooks. Each is made with recycled and environmentally friendly sheets of paper. These notebooks make the perfect gift for the music lover, or for yourself!
11. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean: Just the smell of this shampoo alone will make you fall in love with this product. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean shampoo incorporates natural ingredients and contains zero parabens, silicones and dyes, delivering a more gentle formula that doesn’t weigh down hair. The actual bottle is environmentally friendly and made from PET and has 50% recycled materials. Pick up a bottle at your local drug store for $3.99.
12. H&M Conscious Collection: We are huge fans of the H&M clothing brand so when we heard they were coming out with an eco-friendly collection, we couldn’t wait to see what the line looked like. On April 12, H&M launched their Conscious Collection in 100 stores globally and are offering additional pieces online. The line features materials like organic cotton, hemp and recycled polyester. The collection comes just in time to celebrate Earth Day in style!
13. Jade Teal Yoga Mat: We love the yoga mats from Jade Yoga because they support important causes. For instance when you purchase a Jade Teal Yoga Mat $5 will go towards ovarian cancer research organizations. All of the Jade Yoga mats are made with natural and sustainable rubber, and are slip resistant with easy cleaning surfaces designed to last.
14. Spring Fling Bioserie iPhone Case: Perfect or the springtime! These iPhone cases from Bioserie are a combination of glass and bioplastic, which is made from plants. The glass cover is scratch and finger print resistant and there are numerous styles and designs to choose from
15. Eco Jimnie Clip Pen: Making the switch to eco-friendly pens is an easy way to go green at work. The Eco Jimnie Clip Pen is made from 75% post-consumer waste materials like car headlights, CD’s, cell phones, shopping baskets and more. You can also refill the ink so don’t forget to reuse!
16. KeepCup: Think of all the paper cups we all throw away from our morning coffee? The KeepCup is a reusable plastic cup that is splash proof and made with plastic that is BPA free and non-toxic, making for the perfect cup of joe. The cup is dishwasher and microwave safe, and fits most cup holders for added convenience. You can pick out the perfect cup for you with 16 different designs and color variations to choose from and sizes extra small to large. Prices range from $10 – $16.
17. Skinny Skinny Coffee Body Scrub: Who doesn’t love the small of freshly brewed coffee? This coffee scented body scrub from Skinny Skinny will help you get energized in the shower before you even have your first cup of coffee in the morning. The scrub is made with freshly ground fair trade and organic coffee beans combined with certified organic oils, leaving skin refreshed and invigorated.
18. Lock & Lock Non-Stick Eco-Friendly Pan: This ceramic frying pan is designed to last and features a non-toxic and environmentally friendly coating. Unlike many other non-stick pans on the market, this pan is free of PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid), a man-made chemical that may be harmful. This pan 10.2 inches in diameter and has a 2.25-quart capacity.