Each month we will ask a new eco-maven 18 questions about his or her life, occupation and advice for other like-minded people. This month we tracked down the infamous Grinch to get his views on green living and Christmas.
1. What is your name (and age)?
I am THE GRINCH. I am ageless…Just as grinchy-ness is as old as time! But I have spent 53 stinkin’ years putting up with the Whos and all their Christmassy shenanigans.
2. What is your occupation?
I steal Christmas.
3. Do you have a “green” memory growing up?
A green memory, how can I forget, I’m green all over!
4. What’s your favorite meal?
I don’t have one, I hate everything. Not like those annoying Whos, they like feasting on delicious foods, especially Who-pudding!
5. Who/What inspires you to be more “green” in your life?
No one and nothing.
6. Where on the “green scale” do you fall?
I’m a 10…just look at me…green, green, green all over!
7. What are the most rewarding and most challenging parts of your job?
The best part was when I stole all the presents from Cindy-Lou’s family, then ALL the presents in Whoville, and all the decorated Christmas trees and the Whos Christmas feast. I put everything on my sled and dragged it back up Mt. Crumpit. Ha, that taught those merry little Whos…every last one of them!
The worst part was it didn’t stop them being merry. All the Whos in Who-ville joined hands and started singing…bah!!!
8. Where’s your “greenspot”: food, bodycare/beauty, oceans, home or neighborhood, explain
I AM a greenspot.
9. Where do you turn for your news?
Those annoying Whos. They are always out and about talking about everything. Chatter, chatter all the time, they never shut up.
10. What is one environmental change you vow to make in the next year?
Change, I don’t want to change I like being mean and grinchy.
11. If you could trade places with one person from any time in history (past or present) for one day—who would it be and why?
It might be fun to be Santa and give presents to all the naughty children and nothing for the good ones. That would be very Grinch-like!
12. You have a meeting with the leader of every country in the world. You have 30 seconds to tell them anything you want. Go!
What do you mean. There are other countries in the world? You’re making that up. There’s only Who-ville. There can’t be more of these annoying Whos, that’s more than a Grinch can stand.
13. You have the chance to send one tweet to all the tweeps in the world. Let’s hear it in 140 characters, or less!
Tweet, what’s a tweet? It’s not like a Who is it?
14. If there was one industry/product that you could make more eco-friendly, what would it be?
I don’t want to make anything friendly, eco or what not. You don’t get grinchy-ness do you? There’s nothing friendly about being a Grinch.
15. Where in the world would you most like to be right now?
Up on Mt. Crumpit plotting against those pesky Whos.
16. What is the best book you have read recently?
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, but I didn’t like the ending.
17. What makes you cringe?
18. What do you want your legacy to be?
A change of heart..even the grinchiest of Grinches can have one. Just as I could not steal Christmas because Christmas is not a “thing”, it’s not about presents and food, it’s about something quite different!
May your heart grow three times bigger this Christmas season.