Each month we ask a new eco-maven 18 questions about his or her life, occupation, and advice for other like-minded people. This month we connected with Savannah Chrisley, star of USA Network’s reality series, Chrisley Knows Best. A 17-year-old pageant queen who boasts a 4.2 grade point average, Savannah is wise beyond her years! With dreams of being Miss Georgia one day and ultimately becoming a pediatric oncologist, Savannah continues to inspire people of all ages to both dream big and to love big!
1. What is your name?
Savannah Faith Chrisley
2. What is your occupation?
Full time High school student and also part of the hit reality show “Chrisley Knows Best.”
3. Do you have a “green” memory growing up?
Yes!! My mother is always grabbing cans and plastic bottles out of the trash to throw into the recycling bin!
4. What’s your favorite meal?
Any home cooked meal by my mama or nanny!!
5. Who/What inspires you to be more “green” in your life?
I strive to be greener as I am getting older because I am now more aware of our natural resources and the fact that there is not an endless supply of them.
6. Where on the “green scale” do you fall?
I don’t think I am crazy overboard with anything. I simply appreciate the things around me and do my best to preserve them.
7. What is your favorite thing to do (hobby, passion, etc.)?
I am a sucker for makeup! Every chance I get I find myself researching new trends and running to the makeup store to stock up!! But I also LOVE going out and spending the day with my dad. He’s pretty much my personal stylist!
8. Where’s your “greenspot” food, body care/beauty, oceans, home or neighborhood, explain:
My green spot would have to be beauty! I try to use products that are as “natural” as possible! One of my goals/dreams is to eventually create a line of cosmetics that truly are green!
9. Where do you turn for your news?
I’m 17! So of course all my news comes from social media!! Twitter is THE BEST source for news! Lol!
10. What is one environmental change you vow to make in the next year?
As the New Year approaches, I am making a vow to be better at recycling and water conservation. #shortershowers
11. If you could trade places with one person from any time in history (past or present) for one day—who would it be and why?
That one is so easy!! MARILYN MONROE!! To this day I still see her as one of the most beautiful women to ever live. Ever since I can remember I have always loved Marilyn. Her quotes are my ABSOLUTE favorite!! And she is the definition of a true woman with an extremely strong personality but yet so misunderstood at times.
12. You have a meeting with the leader of every country in the world. You have 30 seconds to tell them anything you want. Go!
We are all a part of this great big world regardless of where you are in it. We may speak different languages but one language that should be universal is LOVE. No problem is too big or too small! So if we all work together and have love at our core then there is nothing that we can’t conquer.
13. You have the chance to send one tweet to all the tweeps in the world. Let’s hear it in 140 characters, or less!
Are u Black, White, Gay, Straight, Bisexual, Transgender? Christian? Muslim? Etc? Well guess what…I love u regardless! #BEYOU #LOVEISLOVE
14. If there was one industry/product that you could make more eco-friendly, what would it be?
Once again I would say cosmetics! After much research I have found that some ingredients used in every day cosmetics are not only harmful to our skin but also to the environment.
15. Where in the world would you most like to be right now?
I would LOVE to be in the Cayman Islands lying on the beach with no form of communication!! Some days are just so crazy and it’s good to disconnect from the world and have a little quiet time.
16. What is the best book you have read recently?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
17. What makes you cringe?
This would definitely be seeing people eat with bad manners! If food is in your mouth I don’t want to see it or hear it.
18. What do you want your legacy to be?
It’s quite simple but difficult at the same time. I want my legacy to be that I always gave more than I took. I am willing to give everything just to see someone else happy. Others happiness is what makes my day. In addition to this, I also want to be known as the most loving, cheerful, giving, Christian, and accepting woman ever! It is extremely important to me that people learn to accept everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, or sexual preference. We are all children of God and we are on this earth for a purpose. God is good and he makes no mistakes!