There are so many great gift options out there that are also eco-friendly, so as we all work our way in to the holiday spirit, we wanted to share our top 18 holiday gift guide ideas. This is a collaboration from all of the writers and contributors on the site of some favorite finds we think you–and those you’re gifting–will love!
1. The DOC from Radius — We’ve been obsessed with Radius Toothbrushes for a while now and we were super excited to learn they released The DOC, a toothbrush holder capable of holding their large-style toothrbrush, or any toothbrush for that matter. It suctions to the sink, wall or shower. We’ve also found uses for it, such as holding an iPhone, pen or sunglasses. It’s a great gift for, well, anyone with a toothbrush! $8.99 at Whole Foods or RadiusToothbrush.com.
2. Monogram Porcelain Wine Stopper — This makes for a unique and elegant gift, sure to wow the receiver. It’s great for a co-worker, friend or parents. Monogram Porcelain Wine Stoppers are hand-finished with a sturdy reinforced hardwood cork for durability. These one-of-a-kind monogram wine stoppers are made from recycled vintage ceramic and handcrafted. $32 at GreenHolidayGiftIdeas.com
3. Ancient Grains for Modern Meals Cookbook — For the chef–or wannabe chef– in your life, this cookbook from Maria Speck is a great gift. It focuses on ancient grains like Kamut wheat, barley, farro, polenta and wheat berries. It’s beautiful design makes it a great coffee table book, but as it offers so many great ancient grain recipes, you’ll never want it to leave the kitchen. $18.40 at Amazon.com
4. Coiled Bamboo Deep Dish Bowl –A great gift that is simple, yet elegant. It works great as a serving dish–as it can serve hot or cold foods–or it could host fruit for a lovely center piece. It comes in a variety of colors and is waterproof! $32 at BambuHome.com
5. The Ring Vegetable Brush — You may be thinking a vegetable brush isn’t going to top the wish list, however The Ring Vegetable Brush from Full Circle adds a unique design element to the kitchen and it’s made out of bamboo and recycled bristles, making it about as organic as the vegetables you’ll be cleaning it with. $4.50 at ChefTools.com.
6. Antidote Chocolate — A unique treat great for holiday gifting, Antidote chocolate is made with high percentages of raw cacao and blended with interesting ingredients such as lavender + red sea salt, mango + juniper and almond + fennel, it’s a wholesome chocolate bar that offers the best ingredients. $70 for 10 bars at AntidoteChoco.com
7. Grow Bottle from Uncommongoods — As the site says, cultivate your indoor green thumb with a hydrogarden sprouting from a re-purposed wine bottle. The ideal environment for hydroponic herb-growing, allowing sunshine to permeate throughout, each set comes ready to use with clay pebbles, wool wick, plant nutrient, cork coaster and seeds. $35 at UncommonGoods.com
8. Yogitoes Tie Dye Skidless Towel — Yogi’s will appreciate this skidless towel that has grips on both sides, and offers a hygienic layer between the pose and the mat. It’s lightweight, super-absorbent and accented with tiny clear rubber dots which grip to your yoga mat, enabling you to have a steadier practice so you can revel in the full experience of being present. $64 at Vickerey.com
9. Earthwise Slate Women’s Classics from TOM’s — We already told you about the great system TOM’s has in place, giving a pair of shoes to a child in need for each pair of TOM’s purchased. This shows the real concept of giving during the holidays. We especially like the Earthwise Slate pair, great for the lady in your life; although TOM’s has shoes for the whole family! $54 at local shoe retailers or Toms.com
10. NouriShea Travel Kit — Perfect for winter is the NouriShea Travel Kit. The full line is made with organic shea butter and all-natural essential oils, making it great for protecting skin and hair from the winter elements. The kit includes: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body creme and lip balm. $22 at NouriShea.com
11. Beachglass Votives — These frosted votives will add great ambiance to a room year-round. The glass is all made from recycled bottles–reclaimed Wine Cooler bottle in this case. $30 for a set of four at GreenGlass.com
12. Thompson Ferrier Soy Candle — Thompson Ferrier takes elegant living to a new level with a distinct and unique line of candles and home fragrances. The wax is a cosmetic grade soy blend with fragrant oils of the purest quality. The cotton wicks produce a clean burn and eliminate sooting, therefore allowing the fragrance to fill the room. Each candle has a 45-75 hour burn time, depending on its shape and size and is hand-poured and packaged in the USA.$48-$68 at ThompsonFerrier.com
13. Give a Cow — Sometimes the best gift is one that spreads cheer beyond the receiver–such as the gift of a cow. Giving a gift of livestock in someone’s name, means that a family in an under developed country can have the means to be self-reliant. $500 for a full cow donation; $50 for a part at Heifer.org
14. Bike Chain Bowl –Made from actual recycled bike chains, these bowls are perfect for holding keys, loose change or other odds and ends from your pocket. It makes for an interesting conversational piece in the home and you can feel good about keeping the bike chain out of a landfill. A great gift for a dad, brother or boyfriend. $78 at UncommonGoods.com
15. P.L.A.Y. Pet Bed — Finding the best bed for your pooch can be difficult, but look no further, as P.L.A.Y. has everything you could want in a pet bed. All of the beds are original designs for the company, making easy to find the perfect fit for your home decor. Additionally, all of the beds are eco-friendly and made with PlanetFill, which is made of recycled plastic bottles. And if that’s not reason enough, they just launched their Warm Bellies program where for every bed purchased they donate a Chill Pad to a shelter dog. $85-$200 at PetPlay.com
16. Pet Waste Bag Dispenser — The Harry Barker No. 2 pet waste bag dispensers are 100% eco-friendly! Each dispenser is made from recycled plastic and includes a hook to attach to your dog’s leash or collar. A gift your favorite pet own and pet will appreciate! $8 at HarryBarker.com
17. Plum Gear Subscription — Plum Gear describes themselves as the Netflix of Baby Clothes. Everyone knows that babies grow so quickly, sometimes they’ll grow out of something before they even had the chance to wear it. With a Plum Gear subscription, new clothes will be sent to you for your child and once they’re too small, you send them back and get new clothes in the next size. $33 for the first five items of clothing at PlumGear.com
18. PlanToys Kitchen — PlanToys offer wooden toys that are eco-friendly, yet look modern. The Kitchen Set is no exception, as it has all the makings for the perfect play kitchen for your children. From the Refrigerator to the vegetables to put in to it, it’s a great way to teach your kids about eating healthy. You can find the various pieces on Amazon.com