We all hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but what you should be thinking is this – the beginning of your day sets the tempo for the next 24 hours. With that in mind, we identify five ways to get up and get your day going on the right note.
- Don’t Snooze – Yes, it is hard. But don’t hit that snooze button. Your body will never really return to that deep, restful state unless you have another hour to spare. The good news – it gets easier with time. The first three days are the hardest and then you will start to find that you really do enjoy having a few minutes to spare.
- Get Hydrated – Drinking a glass of water should be the first thing you do. Not only do our bodies become dehydrated over night, but a glass of water will help your metabolism get going.
- Eat Breakfast – Eating a solid breakfast is just about the best way to set the tempo for the rest of your day. Healthy foods are proven to help your brain operate more efficiently and lessen the chance of eating unhealthy foods throughout the remainder of the day.
- Dress Well – What does this have to do with health and the body, you may ask. Everything, I say! Because when we look good, we feel better about ourselves. Dressing well also constitutes grooming well, don’t forget.
- Me Time – Taking 5 minutes (90 seconds will even do the trick) to think about the day that lies ahead will help you to accomplish what is demanded of you. Conjure the following:
- What you aim to accomplish today
- What you are thankful for
- One good deed you can carry out today
That’s it. If you begin your morning this way, you are destined for a great day! Any other sage advice? We would love to hear from you in the comments below.