While living in a world that seems to be full of excess plastic and rising sea levels there are simple changes you can make to your routine that have the power to make a big difference.
Although at first glance they may seem small, by making these changes regular and sharing them with family and friends, you can help better the world. From avoiding plastic to changing up your shower schedule – here are our simple tips to eco your routine – day to night!
- Take shorter showers
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth
- Unplug everything when you leave your home
- Purchase reusable coffee mugs
- Switch to reusable Keurig cups for your morning cup of coffee
- Pack a reusable straw in case you grab a smoothie during the day
- Prepare lunch in the morning and package it up with reusable containers
- Listen to an eco-podcast on your way to work
- Pack reusable totes for your grocery story run. One reusable bag saves 170 plastic ones!
- Skip the plastic laundry bin and opt for a woven basket or a foldable alternative.
- Eliminate paper towels and use a washable cloth towel. One cloth towel saves 7,300 paper towels!
- Recycle your contact lenses.
- If you can’t recycle them, throw them out! If you flush or wash contact lenses down the sink, they cause sewage clogs!
- During the night, opt for using a candle instead of an overhead light or a lamp.