If there’s something that has the power to unify people’s hearts it’s music! Like me, you may get transported back to when and where a particular song was playing. In my case, music brings back memories of my childhood when I carried a little black radio everywhere I went and listened to even before going to bed. My friends gave me the nickname “Little Jukebox” or “Rocolita” in Spanish.
It doesn’t really matter the genre or the band or singer who plays it, music is an instrument of inspiration. It’s like a universal language that allows us to communicate with each other and relate for a minute or two and enjoy the moment. That’s why we decided to share the list of our 18 favorite holiday songs with you. Like everyone else on Earth, at eco18, we have felt the pressure of the pandemic. But with the help of the vaccine and now the boosters, we hope that 2022 brings us better times and the blissful opportunity to enjoy ourselves with our loved ones.
We wish you ALL Merry Christmas!
Here’s the list of our fav Holiday Songs of all time!
Sue Taggart – Founder & Editor in Chief (All of Sue’s other fav songs are from England where she grew up!)
1.’Feliz Navidad” by Jose Feliciano – it’s just so upbeat – it’s a classic!
2. ‘Last Christmas’ by Wham!
3.‘Do They Know It’s Christmas?’ by Band Aid
4.‘Wonderful Christmas Time’ by Paul McCartney
Rachel Collins – Technology Editor
Rachel has a long list and yes, she included links because there are too many covers 😉
5. White Christmas (Bing Crosby)
7. ‘Christmas Cannon’ from the Trans Siberian Orchestra… it’s a good one!
Sara White – Lifestyle Editor
Our passionate writer, Sara, chose the following:
9. ‘Winter Wonderland’
10. ‘Christmas Time is Here’ from A Charlie Brown Christmas
11. ‘The Christmas Song’ by Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
12. ‘White Christmas’
Sierra Winter – Editor Assistant
Sierra interned with us this summer and will now collaborate more extensively with us!
13. ‘Carol of the Bells’ by George Winston
14. ‘Pennies from Heaven’ by Louis Prima
15. ‘Little Saint Nick’ by The Beach Boys
Giselle Chollett – Sr. Editor
And here I hurry to introduce just a couple of the songs I like to tune in during the holidays.
16. ‘Baby please come home’ by U2
17. ‘Happy Xmas’ by John Lennon
18. ‘Please come home for Christmas’ by Eagles
Share your favorite Christmas songs with us so we can enjoy them together!