Each month we will ask a new eco-maven 18 questions about his or her life, occupation and advice for other like-minded people. This month we were able to sit down with stand-up comedian and cast member of the new MTV show GirlCode, Esther Ku, who brings a little humor to the green lifestyle.
1. What is your name?
My name is Esther Ku.
2 . What is your occupation?
I am a stand-up comedian and currently a cast member on the new MTV series, GirlCode
3. Do you have a “green” memory growing up?
Yeah I do. I remember when I was a kid, I would always teach my siblings and parents how to compact our trash. And before I threw something out, I would always try to squish it down to as small as possible.
4. What’s your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is a hot Korean tofu soup called Soondaboo. But it’s not green; It’s red.
5. Who/What inspires you to be more “green” in your life?
Well there’s a lot of people who inspire me to be green but the most notable ones would probably be Al and Tom Green.
6. Where on the “green scale” do you fall?
I’m like a five on the green scale cause I always yell at people when they’re not being green like close the fridge! Turn the faucet off when you brush your teeth! Don’t flush unless it’s a poo!
7. What are the most rewarding and most challenging parts of your job?
The most rewarding part would be hearing instantaneous laughter from a crowd. If we can figure out how to convert that energy into electricity, we could build a green comedy club!
The most challenging part of my job is traveling so much and being away from my kids… oh wait. I don’t have kids.
8. Where’s your “greenspot”: food, bodycare/beauty, oceans, home or neighborhood, explain
I know I have a G Spot but I don’t have a green spot. Is that what it stands for??
9. Where do you turn for your news?
Twitter because it’s the most up to date news you can get.
10. What is one environmental change you vow to make in the next year?
Stop flushing my farts down the toilet and just let them dissipate.
11. If you could trade places with one person from any time in history (past or present) for one day—who would it be and why?
I would be just be me again when I was eight and keep a daily journal.
12. You have a meeting with the leader of every country in the world. You have 30 seconds to tell them anything you want. Go!
Let’s all stop fighting and save the planet!
13. You have the chance to send one tweet to all the tweeps in the world. Let’s hear it in 140 characters, or less!
Download my laugh ringtone on your iPhone for $.99 by searching “Ku Laugh” on your itunes app!
14. If there was one industry/product that you could make more eco-friendly, what would it be?
A laptop that never ran out of battery!
15. Where in the world would you most like to be right now?
Ice-skating in Greenland!
16. What is the best book you have read recently?
Green Eggs and Ham.
17. What makes you cringe?
18. What do you want your legacy to be?
Even if you were born yellow, you can still be green!