Each month we ask a new eco-maven 18 questions about his or her life, occupation, and advice for other like-minded people. This month we connected with Health Coach and Chef, Charles Chen!
1. What is your name?
2. What’s your occupation?
Health coach, Chef, Event Planner
3. Do you have a “green” memory growing up?
I remember my mom saving glass bottles and reusing them, and teaching me that you use always
4. What’s your favorite meal?
A FRESH bowl of dragon fruit!
5. Who/what inspires you to be more “green” in your life?
Saving our planet, we all have a carbon footprint and by making small changed can impact the world on a large scale. So I believe it is our responsibility to be more aware of our actions.
6. Where on the “green scale” do you fall?
Always do your best
7. What are the most rewarding and most challenging parts of your job?
The most rewarding is that I feel like I am making a difference, and helping others live their highest potential. Down fall no complaints.
8. Where’s your “green spot” food, body care/beauty, oceans, home or neighborhood, explain:
Nature, being in nature grounds me and reminds me that I am just a small spectacle in a large universe.
9. Where do you turn for your news?
Youtube, Huffington Post, social media, naturalnew.com
10. What is one environmental change you vow to make in the next year?
To eat more local foods, and support local farmers.
11. If you could trade places with one person from any time in history (past or present) for one day—who would it be and why?
I wouldn’t want to trade places, I believe I am where I am for a reason so I embrace is fully.
12. You have a meeting with the leader of every country in the world. You have 30 seconds to tell them anything you want. Go!
We need to stop thinking about just profit, rather how can we make a difference and protect our environment.
13. You have the chance to send one tweet to all the tweeps in the world. Let’s hear it in 140 characters, or less!
Send Lots of Love! 🙂
14. If there was one industry/product that you could make more eco-friendly, what would it be?
ECO friendly public transportation, solar powered.
15. Where in the world would you most like to be right now?
I would love to visit Peru or Australia.
16. What is the best book you have read recently?
The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo
17. What makes you cringe?
When someone litters
18. What do you want your legacy to be?
I always went for what I believed in, and I treated everyone with respect.