Raise your hand if you want to check into a hotel for days of massages, yoga and wellness seminars! Yes, we all dream of doing it one day! The increase of stress, anxiety and an overworked society – makes a wellness vacation a necessity more than ever. Take a break on this Monday and check out our favorite wellness retreats –
- Escape to Shape: Lake Como, Italy
- Setting the standard for luxury small-group wellness travel, each Escape provides a deeply immersive experience — the kind that takes you beyond the guidebook — in the most captivating locales. All while staying in shape along the way! Check their website for other trips to Morroco or Namibia.
- Yogascpaes: Iceland Yoga Retreat
- The goal of this retreat is to connect people to nature. This is open to all levels – no need for you to be an outdoor adventures expert! This is also not a “luxury retreat” – during this trip you will hike to the hot springs, walk on mossy fields and really become one with nature.
- Canyon Ranch: Tucson, Az
- We are sure you’ve heard of it already! The infamous Canyon Ranch is fabulous and is our countries top wellness destination for a reason. The main reason guests come to Canyon Ranch is for the activities and spa treatments. The 100,000 square foot spa complex is home to the legendary spa, gyms, cycling studios, tennis and basketball courts, pool, and beauty salon. Over 40 fitness classes and activities (think hiking, cross-country skiing, yoga) are offered daily, but it’s the mind-boggling services menu that catapults Canyon Ranch into a league of its own. You will also find acupuncture, clairvoyant readings, and soul journeys. This place is worth every penny!
- Cal-a-Vie: Vista, California
- This wellness retreat in Vista, California, 45 miles north of downtown San Diego, looks right out of the French countryside, set among rolling hills, vineyards, and lavender fields. The day starts with an optional morning hike followed by fitness classes; spa treatments take place in the afternoon, and dinner is a healthy meal made with ingredients from the on-site organic garden. Cal-a-Vie also has a ton of spa treatments – for everyone’s taste.