THE TOP 5 ORGANIC ROSÉ WINES FOR SUMMER
Even though Rosé Day was back in June – we like to celebrate this delicious wine everyday! Did you know that Rosè is the oldest type of wine – dating back to 600 B.C. ? How does this wine achieve the perfect blush hue? Well this happens when it is produced with the skin contact method. Black-skinned grapes are crushed and the skins are allowed to remain in contact with the juice for a short period, typically one to three days. Here are our favorite organic rose brands!
- CIU CIU ROSATO, MARCHE, ITALY : Located in the Marche region of Italy, Ciù Ciù winery is certified organic and vegan on top of being sustainable. They don’t use chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides, or pesticides, and the cycle of energy is circular as they use pomace (waste from crushed grapes) for electricity.
- WHISPERING ANGEL CÔTES DE PROVENCE: Fans of Whispering Angel rosé will be pleased to learn that Château d’Esclans uses natural and gentle sprays on their crop. They also limit their usage of water, and disinfect the stainless steel tanks with hot water rather than abrasive cleaning solvents. This certainly made us happy – as we are big fans of this incredibly tasting wine.
- MIRAVAL PROVENCE: We might be in love with the bottle ( very pretty 🙂 ) – but what drew us to them was how Chateau Miraval vineyards have been cultivated organically for many years and are certified organic. They use a stabilization method (stabilisation tartrique membranaire) which is not homologated as organic in Europe but it is in the USA! Sounds good to us!
- BIOKULT ROSE: The Michlits family is one of the most creative and influential organic wine growing families in Austria. Their products and their production methods are revolutionary for the region. Wine made from USDA National Organic Program Certified Grapes. Certified by Austrian Bio Garantie. Largest producer of quality organic wines in Austria, good labels, stand out in the shelf, have a good appeal to them with a price-quality ratio. Wines from the Michlits family are some of the best selling organic products in Europe for the past years.
- PALMER VINEYARDS ROSÉ MERLOT 2016, LONG ISLAND, NY: Established on the North Folk of Long Island in 1983, Palmer Vineyards implements sustainable farming practices. What makes their rosé unique is that it is created solely from Merlot grapes. And if you are drinking in the Northeast of the U.S., then this bottle is also local, which makes it extra eco-friendly! Score!