Yoga For Younger Face
You might be wondering what is yoga for the face!? Well, it’s exactly that – exercises you can do to increase the blood circulation, allowing more oxygen and more nourishment to reach the cells of the skin. This will lead to a healthy complexion with a beautiful glow which has fewer toxins and has a better ability to absorb moisture. Dermatologists at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine found that consistently practicing facial yoga can make people look up to three years younger. How amazing is that!? We love anything that can naturally help us reduce aging! You will definitely be catching the Eco 18 team doing these exercises.
We recently read an article on Goop and they featured this great face lifting exercise – this exercise is meant to promote circulation in the facial muscles, neck, and scalp, as well as help, relieve stress and increase youthful vitality. It works best standing up.
- Form a long “O” with your mouth. Fold both your upper and lower lips over your teeth.
- Smile with the corners of your mouth lifting and your cheek muscles are drawn up firmly.
- Close your eyes, and roll your eyeballs up toward your scalp. Adjust your mouth to make the “O” as small as possible. Smile again to further tighten your cheek muscles. Slowly tilt your head back.
- Now tighten your abdominals and buttocks, and lift your chest, contracting all your facial muscles.
- Slowly raise your hands up and over your head as you visualize lifting all fifty-seven facial muscles off your body. Keep smiling and looking up, all fifty-seven muscles lifting up towards the ceiling. Concentrate and focus by taking long, deep breaths.
- Hold the position tightly for thirty seconds. Exhale as you let your hands and head drop down toward the floor. Slowly roll your body back up.
Do this exercise two times a day – try it and let us know what you think!