Breastfeeding: good for everyone!
This week was World Breastfeeding Week! Not only is breastfeeding good and healthy for the mother and baby, but did you know it’s also good for the earth?
1. Less Waste
Breastfeeding means buying no (or at least less) packaged formula. The less packaged products, the less waste! Plus, there is less of a chance of your baby being exposed to B.P.A. packaging and bottles.
2. Saving Energy
Breast milk is already at a comfortable temperature for your baby. No need to turn on the stove or the microwave to warm up a bottle of formula! Even when pumped and stored, breast milk can be kept at room temperature for a couple of hours.
3. Reduces your carbon foot print
Since there is no need to buy formula, there will be less trips to the grocery store. Less driving equals less greenhouse gas emissions released into the atmosphere.
Here are a few eco-friendly breast feeding items for you and baby to check out!
- Rescue Nipple Balm– this nipple balm is certified organic and gluten free! It contains chamomile, amino acids, vitamins A, E and C and a ton of other nutrients to nourish your skin!
- Glass Baby Bottle– a glass baby bottle is recyclable, reusable and B.P.A. free.
- Organic MilkMaid Tea– this certified organic tea is caffeine free and contains a blend of herbs that promote healthy lactation.
- Bamboo nursing shaw– Seraphine has shaws that are stylish and perfect to wear when nursing! From shaws made from 100 percent bamboo to shaws made out of lambs wool, they offer shaws in all shapes, colors and sizes.
What’s your go to eco-friendly breastfeeding item? Let us know!