DECEMBER 18 QUESTIONS: FROSTY THE SNOWMAN
- What is your name?
2. What is your occupation?
3. Do you have a “green” memory growing up?
Most of my memories are white, but every now and again I see the evergreens and they remind me of Christmas trees.
4. What are your favorite meals?
I like snowflakes the best.
5. Who/what inspires you to be more “green” in your life?
I must say I’m a little worried about global warming, but I’m not sure what I can do about it because I’m always melting.
6. Where on the “green scale” do you fall?
Nowhere really, I’m so, well, white!
7. What are the most rewarding and the most challenging parts of your job?
Making children smile and laugh are the most rewarding…snowball fights are fun too. Challenging is trying not to melt, but I don’t have a lot of control over that unfortunately.
8.Where’s your “green spot” food, body care/beauty, oceans, home or neighborhood, explain:
I think I’m most concerned about the North Pole where Santa lives. From what I hear, the North Pole is an insane 20 C warmer than normal as winter descends. At the same time, one of the key indicators of the state of the Arctic — the extent of sea ice covering the polar ocean — is at a record low right now. The ice is freezing up again, as it always does this time of year after reaching its post-summer low, but it isn’t doing so as rapidly as usual. In fact, the ice’s area is even lower than it was during the record-low 2012. I heard this, it’s something I worry about a lot, it’s not good.
9. Where do you turn for your news?
Well, I really have to rely on what I hear, so I guess listening to what people have to say.
10. What is one environmental change you vow to make in the next year?
Global warming, if it keeps on the way it is there won’t be snowman any more. That’s very sad.
11. If you could trade places with one person from any time in history (past or present) for one day—who would it be and why?
I would love to be Santa for a day…Christmas Eve …so I could make all the little children happy, that would be really cool.
12.You have a meeting with the leader of every country in the world. You have 30 seconds to tell them anything you want. Go!
Please listen to the experts, global warming is real – even a snowman knows it!
13. You have the chance to send one tweet to all the tweeps in the world. Let’s hear it in 140 characters, or less!
Get your head out of your ass, we’re melting out here!
14. If there was one industry/product that you could make more eco-friendly,what would it be?
Christmas. People could really make a difference to the planet and those in need instead of buying useless gifts. Think about it, I’m a snowman, all I do is think and I think people are good deep down and want to do good.
They just get a bit caught up in all the hoopla that surrounds the holidays. Simple pleasures, family and friends are all you need. Oh, are we nearly done, I’m beginning to melt!
15. Where in the world would you most like to be right now?
Anywhere really, really cold
16. What is the best book you have read recently?
I can’t read, people don’t teach snowmen to read, but I do know all the Christmas carols, shall I sing one for you? White Christmas is my favorite movie though!
17. What is something that makes you cringe?
The hot sun.
18. What do you want your legacy to be?
I’d like children to understand why snowmen melt and to be interested in making sure the planet doesn’t get so hot that all the ice caps melt.